Whether you are completely new to yoga, a regular class-goer or a seasoned yoga practitioner there is much to gain from private yoga…
What is Private Yoga in Berkhamsted?
Private yoga is yoga taught one on one and it is the safest way to learn and to deepen your yoga journey. It is in fact the way yoga was traditionally taught. Private yoga can be where the sweetest fruits lie – a therapeutic relationship and a practice that meets you where you are at, delivering exactly what you need. Working individually makes yoga accessible for any level of fitness, experience or age. I provide a practice designed specifically for your goals and preferences.
Who is Private Yoga for?
Quite simply, everyone. By tailoring yoga sequences to the goals, needs and preferences of the individual, there is literally something for everyone. A snapshot of the people coming to me include:
- Stressed execs, frazzled parents looking for better ways of coping with stress
- People needing support through periods of change, loss and grief
- People wanting to increase their flexibility and reduce tension.
- Beginners wanting to safely explore yoga
- Athletes looking to enhance their sporting performance
- Those needing help to manage depression and anxiety
- Mums to be and new mums
How does Private Yoga work?
For some people, after we check in with how they are feeling, I take them through a guided yoga practice. For others, we discuss particular aims, conditions or concerns and I prescribe particular sequences that they use on their own at home. For other people, we spend most of our time discussing how yoga can support them in daily life, exploring the therapeutic benefits of yoga for our mental health, happiness and wellbeing.
The frequency of sessions is variable too – some people I see once a week like you’d see a personal trainer, others, it’s once a month like you’d have a massage or a facial, and some I see just the once because that’s all they need. It is a truly bespoke process and one that genuinely delivers what you need: head, heart and body.
How Private Yoga Can Help:
- Stress Relief: Yoga can be a powerful tool to relieve the physical and energetic manifestations of stress. Incorporating breath work and mindfulness can also help unravel the mental and emotional manifestations of stress.
- Aches, pains, injuries? In private yoga your practice is specifically tailored to your individual needs – head, heart and body. In partnership with you, I can determine the style of practice and the types of postures that best suit your needs. I will also prescribe poses to do at home to help you achieve your goals.
- Restorative and Healing Yoga: Private yoga can also be a safe place to deal with grief, loss and emotional pain. As a Chartered Psychologist and yoga teacher I have specific experience with using yoga as a therapeutic tool to assist people through grief, loss, change, episodes of stress and ill-health.
- Pre & Postnatal Yoga, Mother & Baby Yoga: Preparing for birth, motherhood and beyond. Nurturing the physical body, boosting energy, mood and nourishing the mind.
- Beginners: An introduction to yoga movement and breathing. Build your confidence and understanding so you feel well prepared to embark on group classes.
- Interested in developing your own practice but not sure where to start? Having a private yoga session can kick start your own personal practice. Make it a habit to roll out your mat in your own space and learn how to explore what you need physically, energetically and emotionally. A private yoga teacher will share with you specific and simple sequences that you can do at home on your own.
- Experienced: Private yoga allows you to pause and ask questions, to clarify any postures, breathing techniques or meditation strategies. You can also explore the philosophical tangents of yoga and take your practice off your mat and into daily life. Make your practice your own by learning how to become your own guide and discover your inner teacher with private yoga.
- Yoga for Sport: Yoga designed to physically enhance your sporting performance, to promote recovery between sessions and mental skills training to give you the competitive edge.
- Yoga for Mental Health: As a chartered psychologist I offer yoga designed specifically to help combat depression, anxiety and mental manifestations of stress. My approach is a combination of yoga with CBT, Mindfulness, and Acceptance & Commitment Therapy.
Private Yoga truly offers benefits for anyone looking to boost their wellbeing: mind and body. Book in for a face to face session in Berkhamsted or alternatively, sessions are available via skype so we can yoga together anywhere in the world!